Glebe & Surry Hills Markets


 On Saturday my friend, Tiff and I re-visited Glebe Markets and then checked out the monthly Surry Hills Markets for the very first time! At Glebe I got this amazing secondhand black American Apparel cape for $35. I love the letterman jacket-style snap buttons down the front and the in-built pockets just before the slit openings. I know we're nearing the end of winter but I'm sure I'll still be able to wear it next year.

 At Glebe also, I spotted this silver double skull bangle on a table full of amazing pieces of jewelry. I got this $5 which was half of what I was expecting.
My only regret was not getting more from this stall!

 After Glebe, we walked (yes!) to the monthly Surry Hills Markets in Shannon Reserve. I loved the atmosphere; everyone was effortlessly cool, from the hip parents with their kids to the typical Eastern suburb teens. The stalls were mostly selling one-off second-hand / vintage clothes and homewares. 

And finally I snagged this wolf tee from a $10 stall selling an enormous amount of Miss Brown Vintage-style dresses & shirts. I'm quite pleased that I never forked out $40 for one at General Pants because they're really quite overpriced!

I definitely recommend Glebe & Surry Hills Markets as a great way to kick start a lazy weekend. (And if you're craving gozleme, get it at surry hills markets ;) )
The next Surry Hills Markets will be held Saturday 1st September.

No comments:

Post a Comment